September 30, 2010
OPS is for online advertising leaders. tackle the big issues and learn to leverage operations for increased profitability.
“Unique and relevant to decision makers in Ad Operations”
The fourth quarter of 2009 was the largest quarter on record for online marketing. Spending reached $6.3 billion in the US alone up 2.6% from the same period in 2008, according to a report released by PricewaterhouseCoopers and the Interactive Advertising Bureau. The numbers are all the more amazing considering how few industries are seeing any growth at all.
What the numbers don’t reveal is the fundamental shift happening in the way that online advertising works. All aspects of the online advertising ecosystem are focused on technology and process. Agencies are looking to Demand Side Platforms (DSPs), Real Time Bidding engines (RTB) and Ad Exchanges to more efficiently buy the audiences advertisers want to reach. Publishers are automating workflow and developing yield management capabilities to maximize revenue. Online advertising networks add value as they evolve and reduce friction in the marketplace. At the core of all these changes and suddenly thrust into the spotlight, are ad operations teams. Now, more than ever, ad ops leaders must not only help navigate their companies to profitability, but grow the topline as well. Gone are the days when ad operations sat in a back room, quietly trafficking insertion orders.
Despite the increasing importance of ad operations within an organization, there remains little understanding of the issues these departments face. There is no guaranteed recipe for success. There is no playbook to follow. For ad operations to succeed at this point in time, leaders in the industry need to come together as a community and share ideas, raise issues and discuss solutions. Now, more than ever, the best companies need OPS.
Who attends OPS
The event is open to anyone who seeks to understand how Ad Operations can transform revenue into profit. While other AdMonsters events may have limitations on who can register, OPS is an open door event. The day will focus on the exchange of ideas, experiences, peer-certified best practice recommendations, emerging opportunities, and expert led sessions covering an array of ad ops and technology topics. Typical attendees are senior managers, directors or vice presidents and have over five years experience in the industry.
Business leaders know that operations is a competitive differentiator. OPS will deliver a deep understanding of the critical technologies, tools, methods and practices that will enable you to turn online ad operations into a source of greater profit.
What to expect at OPS
For those of you who have been part of an AdMonsters conference in the past, OPS is what you’ve come to expect from AdMonsters: a unique forum focused exclusively on those who live and breathe ad operations. OPS will open up the conversation to everyone in the industry who wants to leverage operations for increased profitability.
First and foremost, OPS is about online ad operations and technology. The agenda will be driven by this focus. OPS will build on AdMonsters’ unique model that emphasizes personal interaction amongst attendees. At an AdMonsters conference, delegates are not just thrown into a room with hundreds of strangers – we offer attendees specific tools and methods to connect with and learn from their peers.
Finally, OPS is about results – tangible, practical, and pragmatic solutions and best practices that can be implemented immediately.
The agenda for OPS will include
- two keynotes from industry visionaries
- six smaller highly focused topic led sessions
- four sponsored sessions hosted by leading technology and service providers in the industry
- networking breakfast and luncheon
- the OPS Wrap Party to close the day
Due to exceptional demand, attendance will be limited to two people per company. Space for a third attendee may open up in the future but we can only approve two for now.
Ever since 1999, AdMonsters has brought together a community of online advertising operations and technology leaders to share, innovate and grow ideas from an ever changing online advertising ecosystem. From our first Publisher Forum in Sea, Island Georgia, to our newly created OPS events, AdMonsters has provided a unique opportunity for sponsors to reach the leaders in the industry. Over the years, we have expanded our offerings, and urge you to take a look at our opportunities for 2011, (embed slide rocket) to gather input from an engaging group of industry leaders about your products and services. We look forward to seeing you in 2011!
Thanks to all of our sponsors for their support of AdMonsters! Learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
Full conference sponsorship details are available here.
- 1:00 pm Welcome to OPS
- 1:30 pm Keynote: The Death of the Trafficker
- 2:30 pm Morning Break
- 3:00 pm Sponsor Session: PubMatic: "Control Your Brand, Protect Your Audience Data"
- 3:00 pm Sponsor Session: DoubleClick - Learn from Your Competitors' Mistakes: What Not to Do in Yield Management
- 3:45 pm Break
- 4:00 pm Focus Session: Commercial Excellence in Online Video
- 4:00 pm Focus Session: Getting the Right Impression in Front of the Right Person
- 4:00 pm Focus Session: The Zen of Yield Management
- 4:45 pm Lunch
- 6:00 pm Keynote: When will Online Advertising Evolve?
- 6:45 pm Break
- 7:00 pm Sponsor Session: DoubleVerify - How to Make Verification Work for You
- 7:00 pm Sponsor Session: Open X - The Power of "Revenue Serving"
- 7:45 pm Break
- 8:15 pm Focus Session: Audience Targeting Strategies
- 8:15 pm Focus Session: Publisher Success Across Multiple Platforms - The Operations Opportunity
- 8:15 pm Focus Session: Art Meets Science: Executing Creative Campaigns
- 9:00 pm Break
- 9:15 pm OPS Wrap up with Jack Myers & Rob Beeler
- 9:45 pm Cocktail Party and Reception