Sonoma | August 15, 2010 to August 18, 2010
August 15 to 18, 2010
The Fairmont Sonoma, California
Event News & Updates
This event is now SOLD OUT. You may still register but please be aware that you will be placed on a waitling list. We will not process your registration unless a space becomes available. We will advise members on the waiting list if a space becomes available on a first come first serve basis.
Thank you to everyone who registered and we look forward to welcoming you in Sonoma for our 23rd US Publisher Forum.
Keynote announced: Ken Fisher, Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Ars Technica, "Keynote Address: Meet the New Boss: Not the Same as the Old Boss"
Session announced: Amy Lehman, SVP, Advertising at United Online & Adcurate, "Data: It's not just for Agencies and Networks Anymore"
Session announced: Chris Hart, Project Manager, New York Times, "Signing 3rd Party Vendor Contracts with Confidence"
Session announced: Mark Verone, Director, Partner Marketing Operations, Orbitz Worldwide, "Shaking Things Up: Kaizen in Action…it doesn’t always happen overnight"
Full Conference Pass $1199
Conference pass includes
- 3 day AdMonsters Publisher Forum in spectacular Sonoma
- 18 months access to the AdMonsters member-mailing list
- Sunday Cocktail Reception
- Sponsored Speed Dating Cocktail Reception Monday
- Sponsor & Member Dinner Monday
- Fun adventurous offsite activity Tuesday
- Member dinner Tuesday
- Breakfast & lunch Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
The event cost does not include your hotel nights.
Sponsors please refer to your sponsor info pack on booking hotels.
Here's what others are saying about the AdMonsters Publisher Forum:
- “Definitely the most productive conference I attend.”
- “Really useful. Totally focused on the issues affecting myself and my team. Great forum to develop adops teams.”
- “The most interesting conference I have attended."A great opportunity to share opinions and best practice issues with other publishers.”
- "I was extremely impressed"
- "MUCH better than any other event I have been to."
- "Very enlightening"
- "The open nature of the event means you get and give real insight into the big issues..."
What to Expect
The conference format for Publisher Forum US XXIII will run three full days, beginning with a cocktail reception Sunday evening and ending at 5 PM Wednesday. The majority of the agenda is comprised of member-led sessions and breakouts covering a wide variety of focused and ad-ops relevant topics; some examples include ad serving technology, inventory management, organizational structure, business process automation, ad operations policies, rich/streaming media, and case studies.
Further details will become available as we approach the dates of the conference. Please see past conference agendas for examples: AdMonsters XXI and AdMonsters XX
Keynote Address: Meet the New Boss: Not the Same as the Old Boss
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
In the print era, publishers could foist all manner of ads on readers, and readers had two options: put up with them, or stop reading. How things have changed in the digital era. Now readers have a tremendous amount of power, but there’s little recognition of that amongst sales forces and publishers. The task of reshaping advertisement-supported businesses is going to fall to those who know readers best and those who understand the technology the most: editors and ad ops.
Ken Fisher is Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Ars Technica, a leading in-depth technology publication catering to IT professionals and technologists. Ken created Ars Technica in 1998 while doing graduate studies in religion and ancient languages at Harvard. Ken was also an IT systems architect in higher education, focusing on automation and security. Ars Technica was acquired by Conde Nast in 2008, and Ken remains intimately involved in the creative and business directions of the site.