Only 22% of Adops Teams Say They Have Access to a Wealth of Data and Insights

AdOps teams are data superstars, sitting on a treasure trove of information that contains a rich and nuanced context. Many can say which ad units perform best, by format, section, industry, and vertical. Some can accurately predict the ROAS advertisers can expect to see from their campaigns.

This is the kind of data that attracts advertisers, especially during a recession when their budgets are smaller and all focus is on performance and business outcomes. But are publishers taking full advantage of these amazing resources?

AdMonsters AdOps are Rock Stars Playbook survey indicates they are not. There’s not enough collaboration between AdOps and the sales, product, and business intelligence teams. This is caused by a combination of tech limitations and interdepartmental inefficiencies.

AdOps Is an Underutilized Strategic Resource

More worrisome, only 22% of AdOps teams say they have access to a wealth of data and insights, which means the remaining 78% can’t help their colleagues succeed in their jobs to the fullest possible extent.

Now that advertisers are cutting back on campaigns, publishers need to work harder to attract brands to their sites. Detailed performance data distributed to all the teams that need it can help publishers win more business and revenue. As it stands, they’re leaving money on the table.

We understand that if AdOps had more tools and workflows to share those insights, client-facing teams could have more data-driven conversations with advertisers about campaign performance. This in turn will lead to repeat sales, as well as provide the data needed to recruit other advertisers in their sector.

To dive into the results of this survey and learn more about publishers’ challenges, as well as access our pro tips, download AdMonsters AdOps Are Rock Stars. Are Sales Teams Taking Advantage of Their Stardom? playbook, created in partnership with DV Publisher Suite. 

Download your copy of the AdOps Are Rock Stars. Are Sales Teams Taking Advantage of Their Stardom? Playbook now!