AdMonsters Publisher Forum: Making Media Work – Where leading publishers shape the future of media
A conference with a unique focus on the intersection of ops+tech+business impact on media:
- highest-quality peer-driven content — not your standard speaker circuit talking head
- uniquely intimate community
- actionable best practices
- unique conversations that you won’t have anywhere else
- understand your role in context of the industry
- drill down on specific technical and business topics
- get answers to critical questions
- learn about the latest technology solutions.
Example topics include the strategic role of:
- ad operations
- data management platforms
- audience targeting
- revenue and inventory management
- emerging platforms
- organizational structure
- data monetization
- creative executions.
Some of the companies attending AdMonsters Publisher Forum: Making Media Work:
- Daily Candy
- Tribune Interactive
- NBC Universal
- Pandora Media
- Washington Post Digital
Example job titles ofAdMonsters Publisher Forum participants:
- Vice President, Sales Operations
- Vice President, Advertising Operations
- Vice President, Advertising Operations and Fulfillment
- Vice President, Advertising
- Director, Advertising and Technology Development
- Senior Manager, Video Ad Technology
- Director, Ad Operations and Yield Management
- Senior Manager, Display Advertising Products
AdMonsters started in 1999 with our first Publisher Forum, then known simply as AdMonsters, and this remains our flagship conference for online publishers.
While all of our conferences are focused exclusively on forwarding the careers of digital strategists, the Publisher Forum is even more specific in its focus, with attendance limited to the most senior leaders in ad operations and technology at online publishers. Participants gather for three days of in-depth peer-to-peer discussions, focused on developing actionable solutions and best practices in response to cutting edge challenges.
Who attends the Publisher Forum?
Attendance is limited to individuals employed by online publishing/media companies, whose roles focus on ad operations and/or ad technology. If you are already an AdMonsters member, you will receive registration materials automatically when registration opens. If you are not already a member, please visit our membership information page.
Please note that to preserve the integrity of our unique forum, conference attendance is limited, and we do sell out regularly, so it is to your advantage to register as early as possible.
What to expect at the Publisher Forum
Most sessions are open to members only, except for Sponsor Workshops, Panels, and networking sessions.
The member session agenda is comprised of 30-60 minute sessions led by members. These sessions take the form of presentations, round-table discussions, and case studies on a wide variety of relevant topics. Some examples include ad serving technology, inventory management, organizational structure, business process automation, ad operations policies, rich/streaming media, and case studies.
The conference format for the Publisher Forum will run for three days, beginning with a cocktail reception and dinner on Sunday evening and ending at 5 PM Wednesday. The majority of the agenda is comprised of the following:
- one keynote by an industry visionary
- sessions led by ad ops leaders who are also AdMonsters members
- breakouts covering a wide variety of focused and ad-ops relevant topics; some examples include ad serving technology, inventory management, organizational structure, business process automation, ad operations policies, rich/streaming media, and case studies
News & Updates
PromoThree and a half days of discussion and networking for top publisher digital strategists, including sessions from: Keynote Todd Sawicki, former CRO of Cheezburger, who imagines a publisher life post-ad server; Buzzfeed's Eric Harris is all about going native; and Brian Monahan discusses talks digital strategy in real-time; and more. Register before Jan. 18 for only $1,195.
- 11:00 pm Member-Sponsor Speed Dating
- 1:00 am Sponsor & Member Reception
- 2:00 pm Welcome and Introduction
- 2:10 pm Success in the Post-Audience Era
- 3:00 pm Break
- 3:10 pm Broadcast TV Isn't Display: Why The Current Approach to Video Ads Is Failing Publishers
- 4:10 pm Break
- 4:30 pm Revenue Intelligence: Bridging the Great Divide With a Holistic Approach
- 5:00 pm State of Ad Operations
- 5:30 pm Lunch
- 6:30 pm Mobile: Platform or Business Line?
- 6:30 pm The Challenges Circling Cross-Platform & Multiscreen Campaigns
- 6:30 pm Programmatic Preparedness
- 7:20 pm Reaching Out With Audience Extension
- 7:20 pm Shifting to a Responsive State
- 8:00 pm Break
- 8:30 pm Viewable Impressions Breakout Session
- 8:30 pm Optimizing Your Team to Optimize Revenue
- 9:10 pm Break
- 9:20 pm Media Companies in the Social Age
- 11:00 pm Attendee-Only Dinner
- 1:00 am Member-Sponsor Networking Dinner
- 2:00 pm Revenue Without an Ad Server
- 2:50 pm Recalibrating Digital Conversations
- 3:10 pm Disrupting Ad Operations in 2013
- 3:30 pm Break
- 3:45 pm Video Private Exchanges: Strategies, Opportunities, and Pitfalls
- 3:45 pm The Audience Wants to Be Free
- 3:45 pm With Audience Extension You Never Have to Say 'I’m Sorry'
- 3:45 pm Making Media Work: the Broadcast-to-IP Transformation
- 4:10 pm Get Your Game On
- 4:30 pm Break
- 4:40 pm Second Round of Sponsor Breakout Sessions
- 5:25 pm Offsite Activity
AdMonsters brings together a global community of online advertising operations and technology leaders to connect, share, innovate and grow within the continually evolving online advertising ecosystem. With a wide range of sponsorship opportunities ranging from our deeply focused Publisher Forums to the broader view of our OPS series, AdMonsters provides a unique way for sponsors to leverage our focus, quality and community to reach the leaders in the industry. Please take a look at our current sponsorship opportunities (Download PDF), and we look forward to working with you!