Senior Manager, Advertising Operations
Elsevier – the company
Elsevier, the world’s leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information, tools and resources are looking for a Senior Manager, Advertising Operations. Using innovative technology, we deliver our unparalleled content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. As an example, physicians in 95% of teaching hospitals rely on one of our divisions, MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives.
Elsevier is an employer of choice, employing some 7000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide attracting and developing talented, creative people who thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and innovative environment.
Senior Manager, Advertising Operations – the role
Reporting into the Director Digital Products and Operations, we now require a talented individual experienced in Advertising Operations to effectively optimize digital revenue by actively managing the ad inventory to maximize potential yields. The successful candidate will work alongside the sales teams to optimize all digital campaigns, working with them pre and post sale to creatively maximize revenue opportunities by suggesting improvements to existing and future campaigns, provide ongoing qualitative reporting to key stakeholders and clients and for forecasting inventory availability.
You will be highly collaborative, working with other departments to proactively problem solve ad serving issues, understanding site functionality, and increasing your knowledge of all ad products available on the site, including specs, general availability and performance of ad units.
You will also be accountable for providing analytical training (troubleshooting delivery issues, inventory management, understanding delivery priorities, optimization of campaigns, etc.) to Sales and Sales Operations.
You will also be accountable for driving best practice in client interaction, in sales, and service, and in vetting external technologies and vendors. You will also work with the product team to integrate ad serving capabilities into new digital products, providing input regarding ad placements, sizes and execution on new products.
Key skill sets and experience:
• Experience trafficking large campaigns in the online advertising industry.
• Hands-on experience online advertising operations technologies including ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, HTML, Flash, and third-party ad tags.
• Proficient in Doubleclick Ad Serving systems (DSM, DFP & DART Mobile)
• Knowledge of Legacy and AdMob SDK preferred
• Knowledge of 3rd party advertising tags (Mediaplex, Atlas, and Doubleclick).
• Knowledge of Rich media technology, and have experience in working with Rich media vendors (Motif, Eyewonder, Pointroll, Eyeblaster and Medialets.)
• Working knowledge of Web analytics platform (Unica NetInsight, Coremetrics, WebTrends) and metrics (Reach & Engagement)
• Working knowledge of Email Service Providers (DreamMail, Silver Pop)
• Strong knowledge of Excel
• Knowledge of SQL query language is a plus.
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proven track record of success in previous work experiences.
•A minimum of 3-5+ years of traffic management experience in an Advertising Operations capacity.
• The ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, team environment.
• Proven ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including power point.
• A passion for learning and creative problem-solving.
• Strong computer applications skills.
• Expertise in the publishing, and/or healthcare industry is a plus
• BA/BS degree required
Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.